Club Activities resumed on 16 May 2020 following easing of COVID-19 Restrictions in NSW
As the Coronavirus pandemic developed, our Government took drastic measures to reduce social contact and combat the spread of infection. These included population wide social distancing, home isolation and quarantining of household members.
Club Activities were suspended from 25 March 2020 until 16 May 2020 when health restrictions were eased.
The following conditions will apply to Club Activities:
- The club will comply with NSW Government restrictions.
- Group sizes are limited to 20. NPWS also limits groups to 8 for canyons and wilderness areas.
- Social distancing will apply during the walk or activity.
- UBMBC will follow NSW government social distancing rules but members are responsible for their own safety and must accept the risks involved.
- NPWS park closures apply and change regularly.
- Members are expected to act responsibly and not attend walks if they have flu like symptoms, a pre existing medical condition or are involved in “high contact risk” activities.
- Gloves are to be worn when using tapes or ropes.
- Members comply with NSW Government travel advice
Travelling In vehicles to walks and activities
- Avoid travelling together in a vehicle if possible
- Masks should be worn when travelling with others
- Sanitise your hands before and after getting into a vehicle
During the walk or activity
- Maintain social distancing
- No handshakes or hugs when greeting or saying good bye
- Sanitise your hands before eating and drinking
- Wear gloves when handling ropes or tapes
- Remove gloves and sanitise hands before eating
- Wash ropes, tapes, gloves and equipment when you return home
Booking In for an Activity
The welfare and safety of UBMBC Members is of utmost priority.
Our committee is closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation and responding to Government Health Directives. It is a very serious matter and we can not afford to be complacent.
We all enjoy bushwalking. It is important for our physical and mental health in these difficult times. Stay in contact with your bushwalking friends. Isolation and changes to our daily lives can be depressing.
Above all, follow the COVID-19 Guidelines and Stay Safe.
More Information about COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
- NSW COVID-19 Restrictions
- NSW COVID-19 Travel Advice
- NSW Health
- Australian Government Department of Health
Last Update: 19-Aug-2020