Club Activities will resume on 16 May 2020 following easing of COVID-19 Restrictions in NSW
As the Coronavirus pandemic developed, our Government took drastic measures to reduce social contact and combat the spread of infection. These included population wide social distancing, home isolation and quarantining of household members. We live in an uncertain, fast changing environment that presents new challenges on a daily basis.
The welfare and safety of UBMBC Members is of utmost priority. The Club decided it was in the best interests of Club Members to suspend all activities from 25 March 2020.
COVID-19 Restrictions in NSW will ease from 16 May 2020 allowing Club Activities to resume.
The following conditions will apply:
- The club will comply with NSW Government restrictions.
- Group sizes are limited to 10. NPWS also limits groups to 8 for canyons and wilderness areas.
- Social distancing will apply during the walk or activity.
- UBMBC will follow NSW government social distancing rules but members are responsible for their own safety and must accept the risks involved.
- NPWS park closures apply and change regularly.
- Leaders are to submit walks to the Walks Secretary as usual.
- Members are to contact the leader to request joining the walk as usual.
- Members are expected to act responsibly and not attend walks if they have flu like symptoms, a pre existing medical condition or are involved in “high contact risk” activities.
- Gloves are to be worn when using tapes or ropes.
- Members comply with NSW Government travel advice
Our committee is closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation and responding to Government Health Directives. It is a very serious matter and we can not afford to be complacent.
We all enjoy bushwalking. It is important for our physical and mental health in these difficult times. Stay in contact with your bushwalking friends. Isolation and changes to our daily lives can be depressing.
Above all, follow the COVID-19 Guidelines and Stay Safe.
More Information about COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
- NSW COVID-19 Restrictions
- NSW COVID-19 Travel Advice
- NSW Health
- Australian Government Department of Health
Last Update: 12-May-2020