First Aid Kit Guidelines
Do I really need to carry a first aid kit?
Even though it is quite rare to need a first aid kit on a bushwalk, the Club requires each participant to carry their own well equipped first aid kit on a walk. It is not the walk leader's role or responsibility to carry a large first aid kit just in case it is needed. If a serious incident occurs on a walk the contents of each member's kit can be combined.
What should be in my first aid kit?
Everyone will have their own idea about what should be in their first aid kit. At a minimum, your first aid kit should contain:
- A Compression Bandage for sprains or snakebite
- A Triangular Bandage
- Sterile Pads and Dressings
- Band Aids and Sticking Plaster
- Personal Pain Relief
- Personal Medications
- Antiseptic for cuts
- Emergency Blanket
- Tweezers or Splinter Probe
- Emergency Contact Details and Medical Information
Last Update: 01-Nov-2017